Friday, July 16, 2021

 Geolocated audio walks / games

We've been experimenting with placing voices and other audio in specific places in Bodmin.  We've seen many artists make use of this technology including Kneehigh theatre company who have made a piece for Bodmin accessible at the following link https://www.kneehigh.co.uk/walk-with-me/

I've been experimenting with an app called Echoes.xyz 
I've made a little test piece that asks questions about what the Beacon monument is for, and if it is still (or ever was) relevant to the people of Bodmin.
download the Echoes app to your phone from the app store or google play store, and tap the following link
https://explore.echoes.xyz/collections/uUn6iKmWqzt8zzAZ

it will be best to download the walk (you'll see how to do this in the app) its about 15mb.  then you walk around and try to get yourself as a blue arrow into the sounding area which you will see as blue shapes on the map in the app. 

Bec has been in touch with developers of further AR apps, will report back when we've had a play

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Halloween Parade and Party: The Initial Stages  I’ve always been interested and excited by the Autumn season but equally, I’ve always fel...